Monday, January 31, 2011

Attitude

    I Like this quote I dislike this quote"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude,to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. it will make or break a company..a church.. a home. The remarkable things is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past..we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. i am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me ad 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you.. we are in charge of our attitudes."
-Charles R. Swindoll

I came across this quote today. It could not have come at a better time! Just when I needed a little reality check. Swindoll is right, Attitude makes a world of difference. Sometimes we get caught up in life. We are consumed with our own little world. I know as I get older that the days seem to be going by quicker then they did when I was in 5th grade and waiting on that 3pm school bell to ring. Talk about F-O-R-E-V-E-R! So much has changed since those days and I wonder what my life would have been like if I hadn't gotten sick. I wonder where I would be or what I would be doing if August 24, 1998 hadn't happened. I think about my boys and am reminded that I am right where I was always meant to be. Life is never easy. No matter what the struggles you have to face in your lifetime, attitude can make you or break you. Reading this quote made me realize that I have lost site of my positive attitude. I made it through cancer! You would think I wouldn't sweat the small stuff. But I am human and I do. I think I will make this my new year's resolution. A little late, but hey...most people have given up on their resolutions by now! So I guess better late then never, right? :-) 

I WILL LOOK FOR THE GOOD IN ANY GIVEN SITUATION.

I am sure typing this will probably be the easiest thing about this resolution. But I will give it a try! I challenge you to do the same.

Life is full of tests...I aim to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment