Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sprint for Cancer

I DID IT!!

After 15 years I finally was able to FINISH the race.

A few weeks ago I participated in a 5k run benefiting Young Texans Against Cancer. They were donating all the money to Camp iHope! Natually, I wanted this to be my first race to attempt in all these years because the money was going to a cause very near and dear to my heart! My family all came out to participate and support this amazing cause. I was actually able to run across the finish line pushing my neice in her stroller and watch as my son ran his first 5k and cross the finish line! My brother and nephew both placed 1st in their age divisions and my sister placed 2nd in her division! It was such an emotional day I didn't think it could have gotten better but it did!! We were able to raise $30,000.00 to go towards Camp iHope this summer! So thankful and happy that I was able to finish the race I started so long ago! I feel things have come full circle.











No comments:

Post a Comment