Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thanksgiving post

Thanksgiving has always been such a wonderful holiday with my family. I have celebrated Thanksgiving every year for 27 years at my grandparents’ house.  Except for the year I was diagnosed with cancer, I cannot remember missing a year. Even then, they brought Thanksgiving to me at the hospital. We have the picture to prove it! Try fitting about 15 people in a hospital room! Not the easiest thing to do but we did it! I felt so special that everyone was willing to drive all that way to make sure I didn’t miss out on our tradition.  I think that has been one of the many things I have taken away from my childhood. I love tradition. I love and appreciate that our family values tradition as well.  The older I get the more I am realizing how truly blessed I am to have grown up with extended family. I have been lucky enough to have such a strong support system. I think this helped in my recovery from cancer. My family brought Thanksgiving and Christmas to me. Not many children going through what I have been through can say that. All this to say, I am THANKFUL! I am thankful for my parents and all the grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers and sisters who gave of themselves all those years while I was sick.  My support system played a vital role in my recovery. This year, and every year, I am reminded of that Thanksgiving spent laid up in a hospital bed and I am forever grateful for FAMILY. It all begins and ends with family.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your survivorship! Your came up in a Google search and I am glad I got to read about you. Keep on rocking and keep smiling!!! Great wedding photo!! All the best!

    Jack Bouffard
    VP, Misson
    I'm Too Young For This! Cancer Foundation
    Co Host - The Stupid Cancer Show

    www.stupidcancer.com
    www.stupidcancershow.com
    facebook.com/jackbouffard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!I actually have just started listening to the stupid cancer show! I wish I had found it sooner! Stay tuned for more. :-) It's been a long road but I am still kicking!

    ReplyDelete