Saturday, February 5, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring, It's Snowing in Texas?


Photobucket
Sledding Texas Style- Pulled by a Lawnmower!
 You know the how the saying goes "If you don't like the weather in Texas, just wait a while, it'll change!"

That saying could not be more true then this winter! We enjoyed 70 degree days just a week ago and now, anywhere from 2" -8" of snow in some places! T has been so lucky to enjoy two winters in a row with snow. Growing up they were few and far between. I do remember one big snow storm. I had just started recovering from one of my knee surgeries and we had one crazy out of the blue snow storm! It snowed and the whole town shut down! No school. So, what did my brothers and sisters decided to do? Sled of course! We had a huge hill on the side of our house and was perfect for sledding!

 I credit most of the mobility in my knee today from  that adventure! I broke up so much scar tissue from trying to keep up with everyone! I was not going to let a bum knee hold me back. I paid for it in the days that followed, but it was worth every minute. I remember that day bringing so much joy in the midst of chaos. One of the many fond memories I have of that time in my life. Those were some of the hardest years I have ever faced, but it was the moments, like sledding, that I truly will never forget.
Photobucket

This winter I was able to enjoy, pain free, sledding and playing in the snow with my son, T. Seeing the joy on his face reminded me, not of the difficulties I endured so many years ago, but of the laughter and happiness I shared with my brothers and sisters in spite of fighting for my life.

Sometimes I lose sight of those small every day moments in life. Today was a great day and I am so blessed and thankful for these moments I have to share with my son. He is growing up so fast and my heart is overjoyed that I am able to be his mother. It is a responsibility I take great pride in. Hope everyone takes a few moments to "enjoy" their kids. Life goes by in a flash and these are the moments worth taking the time to enjoy. It's worth the investment.<3
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment