Sunday, July 3, 2011

Foundation

Where did May and June go??! So much going on and lots to write about! I have been working on several blogs over the past few months but haven't been able to finish them! Between work and the boys life has been a bit busy! Never fear I am still here and writing just haven't been able to post quite as much as I would like!

I just got back from camp this last week. What an AMAZING week of laughter, fun and reflection! I was a counselor at a camp for kids who have had a cancer diagnosis and their siblings. That is a long blog post I have been working on the past few days, so stay tuned for that one! Good stuff.  Other then that, life has been filled with work and my boys!

It blows me away how fast these boys are growing up! Every day I spend with them brings new revelations. It's so good to hear things coming out of their mouths that I know I have taught them. They are learning so much and every day brings new challenges but I know that I am on the right path. I want them to have a firm foundation. Life brings all kinds of storms. The roads can be bumpy or smooth but whatever that path may be as long as your foundation is firm you can survive almost anything. I hope the foundation I am starting for them will continue to be strong and their faith in the Lord will guide them along the way. One of the kids at camp had one wish at closing ceremonies. "I hope I live long enough to just be." Breaks my heart to know that wish is a lot of these kids reality. It was my reality. I have been blessed with healthy and happy children. They know nothing of what it is like to suffer. I pray every day that all the pain and suffering I went through as a child would be enough for our family. Each day is a new day to make a difference.

 

“A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child.”- Forest E. Witcraft


I love this quote. Sometimes we lose sight of what is important. I spent a week with children who just wanted to "BE". What a reality check! I'll leave you with this verse I found and figured it fit pretty well with what was on my heart today.
"The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Mathew 7:25

How is your foundation doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment