Thursday, August 9, 2012

Morgan Rathke


I saw this story online tonight and thought I would share. My own dreams of being an Olympic athlete were crushed when I found out I had cancer so I can only imagine how hard this fight has been.
She sounds like a fighter! I have been enjoying watching the Olympics with my 4 year old this year. He loves the swimming! My favorite of course has been the track and field. While I always feel a little sad knowing I will never know what that feels like, I can't help but have a sense of pride for my country. It truly is amazing to watch all these athletes who have giving up so much blood, sweat and tears to compete for their country. They are so focused and willing to sacrifice anything and everything in order to win that prize; The Gold Medal. I feel like we all should  try to have that dedication in our lives with our walk with the Lord. That focus and willingness to not be distracted by anything that could stand in the way. I am running for the crown that will never fade and a prize that is far more valuable than gold.  I may not get that gold here on earth but my medal is waiting in heaven. It makes me think of 2 Timothy 4:7 and says, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." What distracts you from running your race and keeping the faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment